a little bit of
The historical roots of Cuneo Airport date back to the late 1920s, when the “Campo d’Aviazione di Fortuna” Airport was born in 1929, with 75 hectares and a grassy runway.
Immediately after the war the land was leased to farmers and only in 1960 the AeroClub “Provincia Granda” obtained the permit for the construction of the new airport.
On 26 October 1962, considering the growing interest in the development of this airport, the Cuneo Airport Management Company (now GEAC SpA) was established.
Since 1986 the airport has been authorized by the Ministry for national commercial traffic and since July 1990 for international traffic. The privatization process of the company was started in 2015, which since 2019 sees Levaldigi Hi-Tech, a holding company of private entrepreneurs, as the reference partner.