During security checks, it is important, to avoid waiting, that passengers prepare to put all electronic devices and metal objects in the special tray and, if necessary, have to remove their shoes if the metal detector signals the presence of metal parts. Hand luggage may need to be opened or a search may be required.
At the airport
In order to facilitate checks, it is mandatory:
- present all liquids carried as hand baggage to the security checkpoints for examination;
- take off your jacket and overcoat: they will be inspected separately;
- remove portable computers and other large electrical and electronic devices from hand luggage: they will be inspected separately from hand luggage.
Passengers are requested to cooperate with the security officers and airport staff.
For safety reasons it is strictly forbidden to bring on board, in your hand luggage, the following items:
- guns, firearms, tools that shoot bullets
(including e.g. toy weapons, slings, darts, etc.)
- stunning devices
- objects with a sharp point or sharp edge
(including e.g. razor blades, cutters, scissors over 6 cm , cutlery, knives with blades of any length, plastic knives , siri nghe, sewing needles etc.)
- work tools
- blunt instruments
(including e.g. sticks for sports use, pool cues etc.)
- explosive and incendiary substances and devices
- liquids, aerosols, gels *
(like water and other drinks, soups, syrups, creams, lotions and oils, perfumes, sprays, hair and shower gels, shaving foams, other foams, deodorants, pastes, toothpastes, mixtures of liquids and solids, mascara and any other product of similar consistency)
* unless these liquids are contained in individual containers with a capacity not exceeding 100 ml to be transported in a transparent plastic bag / bag / bag (so it is possible to see inside without having to open it), resealable (therefore not sealed), completely closed, with a capacity not exceeding 1 liter)
For more information: https://www.enac.gov.it/passeggeri/cosa-portare-bordo/articoli-vietati-in-cabina
At the discretion of the service personnel in charge of the control, the passage of any object that can be considered as representing a danger to flight safety will also be inhibited.
For more information: For safety reasons it is strictly forbidden to bring in your hold baggage the following items:
- detonators and primers
- detonators and fuses
- mines, grenades and other explosive military materials
- smoke bombs and cartridges
- dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives
- spray cans for personal defense
- vehicle fuel system components that have contained fuel
- alarm devices
- gas, including propane and butane
- flammable liquids, including gasoline and methanol
- coolants and irritants
- radioactive material, including medical or commercial isotopes
- flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, ignition devices, pyrotechnic articles and rockets
- corrosive substances, including mercury and vehicle batteries
- liquid / solid flammable substances including alcohol above 70 degrees
- magnetizing substances
- oxidizing substances and organic peroxides, including bleach and automotive body repair kits
- toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison and infected blood
- underwater flashlight with batteries inserted
For more information: https://www.enac.gov.it/passeggeri/cosa-portare-bordo/articoli-vietati-in-stiva
Regulations on the transport of liquids
The Safety Rules in the European Union Airports applied starting from Monday 6 November 2006 in all European Union Airports on all national and international flights in order to protect passengers from the terrorist threat posed by liquid explosives, limit the amount of liquid substances that can be taken past the airport security checkpoints. Each passenger and related hand baggage will be checked to identify any liquid substances, in addition to the other items already prohibited by current legislation. The new rules do not place any limit on the liquid substances that can be purchased at the shops located in the areas beyond the control points or on board the aircraft used by airlines belonging to the European Union. It is advisable not to open the sealed envelopes in which these products will be packaged before reaching the final destination and to keep the proof of purchase. Otherwise, when passing through any intermediate airports, the liquids purchased could be seized at security checks.
While there are no limitations for liquids placed in hold luggage, in hand luggage, subjected to airport security checks, liquids allowed are instead in small quantities. They must be contained in containers each with a maximum capacity of 100 milliliters (1/10 of a liter) or equivalent (eg 100 grams). The containers in question must be placed in a transparent and easily resealable plastic bag, with a capacity not exceeding 1 liter (i.e. with dimensions of approximately 18 x 20 cm). Only one plastic bag of the above dimensions will be allowed for each passenger (including infants) (see illustration).
LIQUID SUBSTANCES ARE INTENDED:
- water and other drinks, soups, syrups
- creams, lotions and oils
- gels, including hair and shower gels
- contents of pressurized containers, including shaving foams, other foams and deodorants
- pastes, including toothpaste
- mixtures of liquids and solids, mascara, any other product of similar consistency.
Medicines and liquids prescribed for dietary purposes, such as baby food, can be transported outside the bag and are not subject to volume limitations. It may be necessary to provide proof of the actual necessity and authenticity of such items.
For further information and clarifications, consult the text of the law (EC Reg. 1546/2006 of 4 October 2006).